[perl #32547] [TODO] Tcl - Support \u escapes

Will Coleda

Nov 22, 2004, 1:51:04 AM11/22/04
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Will Coleda
# Please include the string: [perl #32547]

Need unicode support for \u escapes, and for "string wordend",
"string wordstart", "string is", "string bytelength", etc.

You can currently create unicode strings in parrot, but you can't get them into utf-8, which means you can't easily print them out.

William Coleda

Nov 22, 2004, 1:52:34 AM11/22/04
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Was an RT ticket ever created for the underlying parrot issue here?

Will Coleda via RT

Jul 23, 2005, 10:17:57 PM7/23/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
puts \u30b3\u30fc\u30d2\u30fc

has worked for some time now; the [string] subcommands are documented as not working as
part of the tcl language suite testing.

If we find any parrot-specific issues blocking us from implementation, we'll open another
ticket. Danke.

> [coke - Sun Nov 21 22:51:03 2004]:

Leopold Toetsch

Jul 24, 2005, 7:17:00 AM7/24/05
to parrotbug...@parrotcode.org, Perl 6 Internals

On Jul 24, 2005, at 4:17, Will Coleda via RT wrote:

> puts \u30b3\u30fc\u30d2\u30fc
>
> has worked for some time now; the [string] subcommands are documented
> as not working as
> part of the tcl language suite testing.

If this mail is regarding a tcl TODO then please just make a note to
yourself in languages/tcl/TODO.

If this mail is parrot related, then please provide a small test
program that describes the possible failure or shortcoming of parrot.
WRT string escapes in Parrot: these are documented, tested, and working
and \u is one of these escapes.

> If we find any parrot-specific issues blocking us from implementation,
> we'll open another
> ticket. Danke.

Have you considered providing a patch too?

Thanks,
leo