runtime/parrot/library

Jonathan Scott Duff

May 4, 2005, 9:27:07 PM5/4/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Is there some reason that runtime/parrot/library isn't in the list of
search paths for both include_paths and dynext_paths?

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
du...@pobox.com

Leopold Toetsch

May 5, 2005, 6:38:52 AM5/5/05
to du...@pobox.com, perl6-i...@perl.org
Jonathan Scott Duff <du...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Is there some reason that runtime/parrot/library isn't in the list of
> search paths for both include_paths and dynext_paths?

No. We have:

load_bytecode => Parrot_load_bytecode

*.pbc => PackFile_append.pbc => Parrot_readbc =>
Parrot_locate_runtime_file( ... PARROT_RUNTIME_FT_PBC)
else => IMCC_compile_file => imcc_compile_file =>
Parrot_locate_runtime_file( ... PARROT_RUNTIME_FT_SOURCE)

In Parrot_locate_runtime_file() there is no special case for these file
types, they go along with the include paths, which isn't quite right.

Therefore we'd need another default search path for these two file
kinds.

Takers wanted.

> -Scott

leo

Leopold Toetsch

May 9, 2005, 8:37:12 AM5/9/05
Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> Is there some reason that runtime/parrot/library isn't in the list of
> search paths for both include_paths and dynext_paths?

Fixed.

load_bytecode "PGE.pbc" # should work now

i.e. load_bytecode searches now:

- runtime/parrot/library/
- runtime/parrot/
- ./

currently prefixed by the directory parrot was built in.

prefix path for an installed parrot will follow soon.

> -Scott

leo