[perl #34285] [BUG] Is string encoding written to PBC file

1 view

Bernhard Schmalhofer

Feb 28, 2005, 2:30:45 PM2/28/05
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Bernhard Schmalhofer
# Please include the string: [perl #34285]

Hi,

with 'make testr' I get a single test failure. My guess is that the string
encoding is
not properly written to the dumped PBC file:

bernhard@linux:~/devel/Parrot/cvs/parrot> cat t/op/string_cs_2.pasm
set S0, ascii:"ok 1\n"
charset I0, S0
charsetname S1, I0
print S1
print "\n"
end
bernhard@linux:~/devel/Parrot/cvs/parrot> ./parrot t/op/string_cs_2.pasm
ascii
bernhard@linux:~/devel/Parrot/cvs/parrot> ./parrot -o string_cs_2.pbc -r
t/op/string_cs_2.pasm
ascii
bernhard@linux:~/devel/Parrot/cvs/parrot> ./parrot -o string_cs_2.pbc -r -r
t/op/string_cs_2.pasm
iso-8859-1
bernhard@linux:~/devel/Parrot/cvs/parrot> ./parrot string_cs_2.pbc
iso-8859-1

So whenever the dumped PBC file is executed, the string is thought to be
'iso-8859-1',
while it should be 'ascii'.

CU, Bernhard

--
/* Bernhard.S...@biomax.de */

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Superg�nstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Leopold Toetsch

Mar 1, 2005, 2:51:24 AM3/1/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Bernhard Schmalhofer <parrotbug...@parrotcode.org> wrote:
> Hi,

> with 'make testr' I get a single test failure. My guess is that the string
> encoding is
> not properly written to the dumped PBC file:

Yep. That's still missing.

Thanks,
leo

Leopold Toetsch

Mar 1, 2005, 3:26:35 AM3/1/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Bernhard Schmalhofer <parrotbug...@parrotcode.org> wrote:

> with 'make testr' I get a single test failure. My guess is that the
> string encoding is not properly written to the dumped PBC file:

Fixed.

leo