cygwin specific c files for parrot

Hill Stephen-STEHILL1

Aug 16, 2005, 5:33:07 AM8/16/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Hi,
I have a custom matherr() function (matherr.c) I'm experimenting with to solve #36865 ( Test 17 of t/op/trans.t failing on Cygwin ). If I put it in platform/win32 it doesn't get picked up. Where should it go in order to to be picked up as cygwin-specific. (It may be that it is needed for win32 as well, but my platform is cygwin).

Best regards

Steve

Leopold Toetsch

Aug 16, 2005, 7:37:47 AM8/16/05
to Hill Stephen-STEHILL1, perl6-i...@perl.org
Hill Stephen-STEHILL1 wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a custom matherr() function (matherr.c) I'm experimenting with to solve #36865 ( Test 17 of t/op/trans.t failing on Cygwin ). If I put it in platform/win32 it doesn't get picked up. Where should it go in order to to be picked up as cygwin-specific. (It may be that it is needed for win32 as well, but my platform is cygwin).

Have a look at config/gen/platform.pl. It seems that it would use
platform/cygwin/

$ perl Configure.pl --verbose-step=platform

should reveal the details.

> Best regards
>
> Steve

leo

Leopold Toetsch

Aug 16, 2005, 7:39:49 AM8/16/05
to Hill Stephen-STEHILL1, perl6-i...@perl.org
Hill Stephen-STEHILL1 wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a custom matherr() function (matherr.c) I'm experimenting with to solve #36865 ( Test 17 of t/op/trans.t failing on Cygwin ). If I put it in platform/win32 it doesn't get picked up. Where should it go in order to to be picked up as cygwin-specific. (It may be that it is needed for win32 as well, but my platform is cygwin).

Another note: there is an explicit file list, math.c would work. Else
you have to extend the file list.

> Best regards
>
> Steve

leo