The Pumpking is dead, long live the Pumpking!

Dan Sugalski

Oct 17, 2003, 1:13:47 PM10/17/03
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Hey folks.

It's that time of year again, when the patch pumpkin passes paws. Hands,
rather. Steve Fink now joins the ranks of Parrot Pumpkings Emeritus,
having shepherded a number of releases out the door. We wish him a happy
retirement and hope the nervous twitches stop soon.

Replacing him as the pumking is the inimitable Leo Toetsch, so do please
extend your sympathy^Wcongratulations to the newest volunteer for the
post.

Dan

Jim Cromie

Oct 17, 2003, 8:13:24 PM10/17/03
to Dan Sugalski, perl6-i...@perl.org
Dan Sugalski wrote:

>.

wow -

1st the PatchMonster, now the Pumpking.
we watch in awe as the World Domination Plan unfolds.

whats next, the WhiteHouse ?

It would be a marked (tm) improvment..

Simon Glover

Oct 17, 2003, 8:56:02 PM10/17/03
to Jim Cromie, Dan Sugalski, perl6-i...@perl.org

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Jim Cromie wrote:

> Dan Sugalski wrote:
>
> >Hey folks.
> >
> >It's that time of year again, when the patch pumpkin passes paws. Hands,
> >rather. Steve Fink now joins the ranks of Parrot Pumpkings Emeritus,
> >having shepherded a number of releases out the door. We wish him a happy
> >retirement and hope the nervous twitches stop soon.
> >
> >Replacing him as the pumking is the inimitable Leo Toetsch, so do please
> >extend your sympathy^Wcongratulations to the newest volunteer for the
> >post.
> >

> wow -
>
> 1st the PatchMonster, now the Pumpking.
> we watch in awe as the World Domination Plan unfolds.
>
> whats next, the WhiteHouse ?
>
> It would be a marked (tm) improvment..

Are you sure you want to set a precedent for having an Austrian in the
Whitehouse?

Simon

PS Steve: thanks for all of your hard work
Leo: good luck!

Stéphane Payrard

Oct 17, 2003, 8:44:44 PM10/17/03
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 06:13:24PM -0600, Jim Cromie wrote:

> 1st the PatchMonster, now the Pumpking.
> we watch in awe as the World Domination Plan unfolds.
>
> whats next, the WhiteHouse ?

Schwarzenegger, now Tötsch... there is a pattern here, but AEIOU
is more ambitious than merely occupying the WhiteHouse.

--
stef

Leopold Toetsch

Oct 18, 2003, 4:49:11 AM10/18/03
to st...@payrard.net, perl6-i...@perl.org
Stéphane Payrard <st...@payrard.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 06:13:24PM -0600, Jim Cromie wrote:

[ one answer to address them all ]

Thanks to all for the congrats and for the confidence making me the
"Bluza" [1] of Parrot.

>> 1st the PatchMonster, now the Pumpking.
>> we watch in awe as the World Domination Plan unfolds.

Definitely yes. That's the plan.

>> whats next, the WhiteHouse ?

Not that...

> Schwarzenegger, now Tötsch... there is a pattern here, but AEIOU
> is more ambitious than merely occupying the WhiteHouse.

... but thanks for the summary, Stéf.

> --
> stef

leo

[1] Bluza is a dialect word here for Kürbis (pumpkin) also used as a
synonym fo head/brain but with some taste of "filled with water".