[perl #36820] PGE glob escapes

1 view

Will Coleda

Aug 6, 2005, 8:54:31 AM8/6/05
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Will Coleda
# Please include the string: [perl #36820]

PGE globbing doesn't seem to be accepting backslash as an escape: so,
there's no way (e.g.) to glob for a literal *, as the attached test
shows.

This is causing about 10 test failures in the tcl test suite at the
moment. (and would cause more if I had more of the language
implemented. Globbing is used in a few places.)

pge_glob_escape.pir

Patrick R. Michaud

Aug 10, 2005, 4:34:07 PM8/10/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 05:54:31AM -0700, Will Coleda wrote:
> PGE globbing doesn't seem to be accepting backslash as an escape: so,
> there's no way (e.g.) to glob for a literal *, as the attached test
> shows.

Now fixed in r8909.

Pm