Re: Commitership inquiry

1 view

Leopold Toetsch

May 5, 2005, 5:49:36 PM5/5/05
to Autrijus Tang, perl6-i...@perl.org, s...@perl.org, Chip Salzenberg
Autrijus Tang wrote:
> Hey. Leo suggested to me on #parrot to drop a note on p6i,
> asking about obtaining the committer to the Parrot tree.

$ ./pugs -BParrot -e 'say "Autrijus should have commit privs"'
Autrijus should have commit privs

leo

Autrijus Tang

May 5, 2005, 5:21:47 PM5/5/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Hey. Leo suggested to me on #parrot to drop a note on p6i,
asking about obtaining the committer to the Parrot tree.

As some of you know, Pugs can now evaluate PIR via an embedded
Parrot interpreter:

$ ./pugs -e 'eval_parrot<print "42!\n">'
42!

as well as compiling Perl 6 to PIR, evaluating it in memory:

$ ./pugs -BParrot -e 'say "The answer is: { 7 * 6 }"'
The answer is: 42

In light of this, I'd like to commit to Parrot tree, helping
on cleaning up the embedding API, the installation process
(e.g. to get the neccessary headers in place), etc.

Thanks!
/Autrijus/

Chip Salzenberg

May 6, 2005, 9:44:24 AM5/6/05
to Leopold Toetsch, Autrijus Tang, perl6-i...@perl.org, s...@perl.org
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 11:49:36PM +0200, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> $ ./pugs -BParrot -e 'say "Autrijus should have commit privs"'
> Autrijus should have commit privs

.sub _main
print "So let it be written, so let it be done.\n"
end
.end

--
Chip Salzenberg <ch...@pobox.com>