[perl #58740] [CAGE] t/configure/*.t and t/steps/*.t: Cleanup test setup/teardown code

James Keenan

Sep 9, 2008, 9:28:06 PM9/9/08
to bugs-bi...@netlabs.develooper.com
# New Ticket Created by James Keenan
# Please include the string: [perl #58740]

Configuration and Configuration Steps Tests: Cleanup.

grep t/configure/ and t/steps for .t files that contain 'use File::Temp'

Among these files, focus on those which for testing purposes *create
subdirectories* within the tempdir created by File::Temp::tempdir
( CLEANUP => 1).

Sometimes those subdirs are created very fastidiously with use of
File::Spec->catdir, ->catfile and File::Path::mkpath. Sometimes
not. Either way, there tends to be a lot of screen clutter solely
for the purpose of setting up the required testing environment.

Assignment: See if it's possible to write subroutine(s) that set up
the needed subdir testing environment cleanly and correctly. Test it
out on a few of the identified test files -- on both *nix and Windows
(to make sure I got the paths right). Propose patch.

Thank you very much.

kid51

James Keenan via RT

Sep 27, 2009, 7:57:32 PM9/27/09
to parro...@lists.parrot.org, perl6-i...@perl.org
On Mon Sep 21 15:28:01 2009, jk...@verizon.net wrote:

> So, unless there is some strong objection, I will close this ticket
> within 7 days.

No one spoke up for this; rejecting ticket.