r8223 - HLL support 4

Leopold Toetsch

May 31, 2005, 7:38:47 AM5/31/05
to Perl 6 Internals
The first steps for HLL language and type support are in. You can now
dynamically load a HLL _group PMC library by just including a .HLL line
in PASM/PIR, e.g.

.HLL "Tcl", "tcl_group"
$P0 = new .TclInt # Integer constant

The ".HLL" pragma registers at compile time the given HLL language name
within src/hll.c and loads the given library with Parrot_load_lib().

Please note that this does not yet work for .pbc files as the HLL isn't
stored in the PBC yet (this will come soon).

See also t/dynclass/foo.t for 2 examples.

Have fun,
leo

Leopold Toetsch

May 31, 2005, 10:27:38 AM5/31/05
to Leopold Toetsch, Perl 6 Internals
Leopold Toetsch wrote:

> Please note that this does not yet work for .pbc files as the HLL isn't
> stored in the PBC yet (this will come soon).

Should work now (rev 8224).

> See also t/dynclass/foo.t for 2 examples.

$ ./parrot -o f.pbc t/dynclass/foo_9.pir
$ ./parrot f.pbc
42

leo

William Coleda

May 31, 2005, 11:53:31 PM5/31/05
to Leopold Toetsch, Perl 6 Internals
Cool. This means I don't have to do a lookup everytime I want to use one of my own types (per type per sub). Tcl will be patched shortly to take advantage.

Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> The first steps for HLL language and type support are in. You can now
> dynamically load a HLL _group PMC library by just including a .HLL line
> in PASM/PIR, e.g.
>
> .HLL "Tcl", "tcl_group"
> $P0 = new .TclInt # Integer constant

Note that

$P0 = new TclInt

also seems to work (no dot)

William Coleda

Jun 1, 2005, 12:57:38 AM6/1/05
to Leopold Toetsch, Perl 6 Internals, Matt Diephouse
Done. Thanks!