[perl #34340] [BUG] OS X ASM build problem

Will Coleda

Mar 4, 2005, 4:46:52 PM3/4/05
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Will Coleda
# Please include the string: [perl #34340]

OS X build isn't quite right. darwin hints defines "platform_asm", but this
file isn't defined for darwin. This generates a dependency in the build for
src/platform_asm.s, which doesn't exist.

Shutting off this config hint allows the build to progress to the link
stage, where we get the following error instead.

ld: Undefined symbols:
_Parrot_ppc_jit_restore_nonvolatile_registers

Leopold Toetsch

Mar 5, 2005, 4:52:18 AM3/5/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Will Coleda (via RT) wrote:

> OS X build isn't quite right. darwin hints defines "platform_asm", but this
> file isn't defined for darwin. This generates a dependency in the build for
> src/platform_asm.s, which doesn't exist.

Ah, yes. Always run make realclean, leo.

> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _Parrot_ppc_jit_restore_nonvolatile_registers

Thanks, reintroduced the underscore.

leo