small typo in PBC_COMPAT

Uwe Voelker

May 11, 2005, 12:16:27 PM5/11/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Hello,

I fixed a small typo in PBC_COMPAT.

Btw. the tests in t/p6rules/*.t have 'no_plan'. Should this be changed
to reflect the correct number of tests? I have this patch ready, but I'm
too shy to post :-)

Bye,
Uwe

PBC_COMPAT.patch

Chromatic

May 11, 2005, 2:05:11 PM5/11/05
to Uwe Voelker, perl6-i...@perl.org
On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 18:16 +0200, Uwe Voelker wrote:

> I fixed a small typo in PBC_COMPAT.

Thanks, applied.

> Btw. the tests in t/p6rules/*.t have 'no_plan'. Should this be changed
> to reflect the correct number of tests? I have this patch ready, but I'm
> too shy to post :-)

That seems reasonable to me. Please do.

-- c

Bernhard Schmalhofer

May 11, 2005, 2:22:22 PM5/11/05
to chromatic, Uwe Voelker, perl6-i...@perl.org
chromatic schrieb:

>On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 18:16 +0200, Uwe Voelker wrote:
>

>>I fixed a small typo in PBC_COMPAT.
>>

>Thanks, applied.

From reading PBC_COMPAT I gathered that PBC_COMPAT should only be
changed, when the PBC syntax has changed.

# The text in this file is also the base of the
# fingerprint inside PBCs and Parrot which is used
# for validation.

and

# After changing PBC_COMPAT either disable t/native_pbc tests or
# better, if you have an i386 box at hand, regenerate the PBCs
# with tools/dev/mk_native_pbc and commit the changes

So shouldn't the speling fixes wait for 0.3.0, or is changing the
comments OK?

CU, Bernhard

Patrick R. Michaud

May 11, 2005, 2:12:09 PM5/11/05
to Uwe Voelker, perl6-i...@perl.org

Feel free to correct 'no_plan'. I'll happily apply any and all
patches to the tests, and those with commit privs are welcome
to directly modify the t/p6rules/*.t files at any time.

Pm

Uwe Voelker

May 11, 2005, 3:24:22 PM5/11/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
> That seems reasonable to me. Please do.

Here it is (together with a gentle reminder at the end of the .t file :-)

But feel free to leave this line out.

Uwe

p6rules.patch

Dino Morelli

May 11, 2005, 6:09:00 PM5/11/05
to Patrick R. Michaud, Uwe Voelker, perl6-i...@perl.org

Speak of the devil -- I started working on more unit tests for
p6rules today, starting with the things Patrick listed the other day in
his PGE features update:

>Newsgroups: perl.perl6.compiler,perl.perl6.internals
>Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 10:50:57 -0500
>To: perl6-internals[at]perl.org, perl6-compiler[at]perl.org
>Subject: PGE features update
>From: pmichaud[at]pobox.com (Patrick R. Michaud)
>

>There have been a lot of substantial updates to the Parrot Grammar
>Engine, so I figure it's a good time for a summary report. The latest
>version (in the Parrot cvs trunk) now incorporates:
>
> - subrules
> - capture aliases (named and numbered)
> - the :w modifier and <?ws> subrules
> - word boundaries (\b and \B)
> - simple backreferences ($1, $2, $<term>, etc.)
>
>Also, more tests have been added to t/p6rules, but we definitely
>need more. Tests are especially needed for:
> - Rules specified with and without :w modifiers
> - calls to subrules
> - named alias captures
> - numbered alias captures
> - \s \S \w \W \d \D \n \N

I figured this for a good opportunity to get the hang of the new rules
syntax. I'm now reading S05 in detail. :)

>Pm

-Dino

--
.~. Dino Morelli
/V\ email: dmor...@reactorweb.net

Autrijus Tang

May 12, 2005, 6:56:55 AM5/12/05
to Dino Morelli, Patrick R. Michaud, Uwe Voelker, perl6-i...@perl.org
On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 06:09:00PM -0400, Dino Morelli wrote:
> >Feel free to correct 'no_plan'. I'll happily apply any and all
> >patches to the tests, and those with commit privs are welcome
> >to directly modify the t/p6rules/*.t files at any time.
> >

> Speak of the devil -- I started working on more unit tests for
> p6rules today, starting with the things Patrick listed the other day in
> his PGE features update:

This may be helpful, too:

http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/t/rules/Disabled/rules.t

If you'd like to converted it back to t/p6rules/*.t and included in
Parrot itself, I'd be grateful. :)

Thanks,
/Autrijus/

Dino Morelli

May 14, 2005, 11:16:58 AM5/14/05
to Autrijus Tang, Perl 6 Internals list

Had a busy week with day job and finally got a chance to look at this. I
think this could fit into t/p6rules somewhere, yeah. I was thinking
there must be big re tests in the p5 sources but did not go looking.

>Thanks,
>/Autrijus/

No, thank you! :)