more ICU notes

1 view

Leopold Toetsch

Apr 5, 2005, 5:03:40 AM4/5/05
to Perl 6 Internals
1) a hint, if you want to verify a config step:

$ perl Configure.pl --verbose-step=ICU

2) verify that you link against the correct libicu

$ nm -u parrot | grep isdigit
u_isdigit_3_2

3) we could probably lift the restriction that we link with c++
I replaced LINK = c++ with LINK = cc in the Makefile and it works.

4) icu related config options and icu.pl can be cleaned now

5) if you move $parrot/icu e.g. to $parrot/_icu you can run

$ per Configure.pl --nomanicheck

Please verify the build on Windows platforms,
thanks

leo

Ron Blaschke

Apr 5, 2005, 5:12:43 PM4/5/05
to Leopold Toetsch, Perl 6 Internals
Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> 5) if you move $parrot/icu e.g. to $parrot/_icu you can run

> $ perl Configure.pl --nomanicheck

> Please verify the build on Windows platforms,
> thanks

Looks good on Windows XP, VC++ 7.1. F<t/src/manifest.t> complains,
quite expectedly.

Ron

François PERRAD

Apr 7, 2005, 11:34:35 AM4/7/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
At 11:03 05/04/2005 +0200, you wrote:
>Please verify the build on Windows platforms,
$ perl Configure.pl -cc=gcc --without-icu
$ mingw32-make
Build OK with MinGW.

Francois