Google Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.
Dismiss

Patch vaporized?

4 views
Skip to first unread message

Gordon Henriksen

unread,
Feb 5, 2004, 11:25:22 AM2/5/04
to perl6-i...@perl.org
I've submitted a patch to bugs-parrot, and it didn't seem to get posted
to RT or otherwise handled. Anyone know where it might've gone?
<http://www.parrotcode.org/openpatches>
http://www.parrotcode.org/openpatches isn't working ("ERROR RETRIEVING
DATA").

--

Gordon Henriksen
IT Manager
ICLUBcentral Inc.
gor...@iclub.com

Larry Wall

unread,
Feb 5, 2004, 12:13:12 PM2/5/04
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 11:25:22AM -0500, Gordon Henriksen wrote:
: I've submitted a patch to bugs-parrot, and it didn't seem to get posted

: to RT or otherwise handled. Anyone know where it might've gone?

Did it have an executable attachment? :-)

Larry

Gordon Henriksen

unread,
Feb 5, 2004, 5:35:38 PM2/5/04
to Larry Wall, perl6-i...@perl.org
Larry Wall wrote:

> Gordon Henriksen wrote:
>
> > I've submitted a patch to bugs-parrot, and it didn't seem
> > to get posted to RT or otherwise handled. Anyone know where it
> > might've gone?
>
> Did it have an executable attachment? :-)

Thanks, Larry, but no. :)

It was a very lage patch, however; it converts pmc->cache.int_val
etc. to PObj_int_val(pmc) etc. across the entire source tree. (Sorry,
Leo, by far the easiest way to find them all was to change the field
names and fix them as make found them; rather makes it difficult to
create incremental patches.) So maybe sheer size was the problem.

I'll post the file to my web server this evening and just include a
link to it in YA resubmission, I suppose. How annoying...

Leopold Toetsch

unread,
Feb 5, 2004, 6:21:14 PM2/5/04
to Gordon Henriksen, perl6-i...@perl.org
Gordon Henriksen <mali...@mac.com> wrote:
> It was a very lage patch, however; it converts pmc->cache.int_val
> etc. to PObj_int_val(pmc) etc. across the entire source tree. (Sorry,
> Leo, by far the easiest way to find them all was to change the field
> names and fix them as make found them; rather makes it difficult to
> create incremental patches.) So maybe sheer size was the problem.

Ok. If you have kind of a script that does the job, please just post
that (accompanied with enough info ...)

leo

Robert Spier

unread,
Feb 5, 2004, 7:42:02 PM2/5/04
to Gordon Henriksen, perl6-i...@perl.org
At Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:25:22 -0500,
Gordon Henriksen wrote:
>
> [1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]

> I've submitted a patch to bugs-parrot, and it didn't seem to get posted
> to RT or otherwise handled. Anyone know where it might've gone?

I'm the one who would know. Please email me off-list with the
message-id, subject, from address, and time sent, and I'll track it
down.

It's possible it's in the moderation queue. The MyDoom crap has been
making his life more difficult.

This is on my list to fix.

-R

Robert Spier

unread,
Feb 5, 2004, 7:43:24 PM2/5/04
to perl6-i...@perl.org
> Did it have an executable attachment? :-)

If anyone wants some MyDoom, I've got over a gigabyte (from the past
19 or so hours) absorbed by the perl.org servers I'd be glad to share
with you. I can arrange for them to be emailed one at a time, or all
at once.

-R

Robert Spier

unread,
Feb 5, 2004, 11:35:52 PM2/5/04
to perl6-i...@perl.org

I think I've tracked this down, mostly.

The patch was rejected from the mailing list because it was
too big. (Several hundred k.)

You can find it in RT as

26056: [PATCH] Unify PMC accessor macros 2
26057: [PATCH] Unified PMC/PObj accessors phase 2

(26057 is one that points to a URL. Gordon, should I merge the two
tickets?)

Don't be afraid to email

perlbug dash admin at perl.org

with problems like this. I'll track them down as quick as I can.

-R

Gordon Henriksen

unread,
Feb 5, 2004, 11:41:30 PM2/5/04
to Robert Spier, perl6-i...@perl.org
On Thursday, February 5, 2004, at 11:35 , Robert Spier wrote:

> I think I've tracked this down, mostly.
>
> The patch was rejected from the mailing list because it was too big.
> (Several hundred k.)

That's what I figured.

> You can find it in RT as
>
> 26056: [PATCH] Unify PMC accessor macros 2
> 26057: [PATCH] Unified PMC/PObj accessors phase 2
>
> (26057 is one that points to a URL. Gordon, should I merge the two
> tickets?)

Either merge them or close 26056 as wontfix or equivalent (sorry, I'm a
Bugzilla feak :). The first patch has conflicts with current source,
which is why I freaked out when it didn't show up pronto.

Gordon Henriksen
mali...@mac.com

Robert Spier

unread,
Feb 5, 2004, 11:52:58 PM2/5/04
to perl6-i...@perl.org
> Either merge them or close 26056 as wontfix or equivalent (sorry, I'm
> a Bugzilla feak :). The first patch has conflicts with current source,
> which is why I freaked out when it didn't show up pronto.

Done. Sorry for the trouble.

-R

0 new messages