[CVS ci] Strings. Finally.

Leopold Toetsch

Feb 28, 2005, 12:57:38 PM2/28/05
to Perl 6 Internals
After Dan's string patch got merged to head (thanks to Will Coleda for
sending me a diff), I've put in some more string stuff with these new
opcodes:

* charset, charsetname, find_charset
* is_whitespace, is_digit, is_wordchar, is_punctuation, is_newline
* find_whitespace, find_digit, find_wordchar, find_punctuation,
find_newline, find_word_boundary

There are some tests in t/op/string_cs.t - more are welcome.

The assemblers provide this new syntax for specifying a charset:

set S0, ascii:"the string"

i.e. a double-quoted string constant can be prefixed by a charset.

Known charsets are currently: ascii, binary, iso-8859-1 (the default).

Have fun,
leo