[perl #34548] [TODO] Replace classes/pmc2c.pl with classes/pmc2c2.pl

Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT

Mar 22, 2005, 6:20:26 PM3/22/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
> [mdiep - Di 22. Mär 2005, 14:35:02]:
>
> pmc2c2.pl is the new pmc2c.pl. Both currently exist in Parrot CVS.
> Either pmc2c.pl should be deleted or pmc2c2.pl should be renamed to
> pmc2c.pl.

A better location might be 'build_tools/pmc2c.pl*, as the script is also
used in 'dynclasses/build.pl'. It propably will also be used for for
their language specific PMCs in 'languages/<lang>'.

Should we wait for that, until it is decided whether we will switch to
SVN? I think that SVN preserves change history for moved files.

--
/* Bernhard.S...@gmx.de */

Matt Diephouse

Mar 22, 2005, 5:35:07 PM3/22/05
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Matt Diephouse
# Please include the string: [perl #34548]

pmc2c2.pl is the new pmc2c.pl. Both currently exist in Parrot CVS.
Either pmc2c.pl should be deleted or pmc2c2.pl should be renamed to
pmc2c.pl.

--
matt diephouse
http://matt.diephouse.com

Leopold Toetsch

Mar 23, 2005, 11:19:09 AM3/23/05
to parrotbug...@parrotcode.org
Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT <parrotbug...@parrotcode.org> wrote:
>> [mdiep - Di 22. Mär 2005, 14:35:02]:
>>
>> pmc2c2.pl is the new pmc2c.pl. Both currently exist in Parrot CVS.
>> Either pmc2c.pl should be deleted or pmc2c2.pl should be renamed to
>> pmc2c.pl.

> A better location might be 'build_tools/pmc2c.pl

Yep.

> Should we wait for that, until it is decided whether we will switch to
> SVN? I think that SVN preserves change history for moved files.

That's the question. Are we switching to SVN?

leo

Matt Fowles

Mar 23, 2005, 1:21:32 PM3/23/05
to l...@toetsch.at, parrotbug...@parrotcode.org
All~

I vote yes.

Matt
--
"Computer Science is merely the post-Turing Decline of Formal Systems Theory."
-???

Matt Diephouse

Apr 19, 2005, 7:37:15 PM4/19/05
to parrotbug...@parrotcode.org
Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT <parrotbug...@parrotcode.org> wrote:
> Applied the patch. with some fiddling.
> Matt: Could you check whether all changes are in?

Looks good to me. Thanks.

Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT

Apr 19, 2005, 7:20:49 PM4/19/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org