Languages status (attention compiler maintainers)

Melvin Smith

Oct 6, 2003, 11:37:25 PM10/6/03
to perl6-i...@perl.org, dan Sugalski, st...@fink.com
In an attempt to get a handle on what the status is of all the
language compilers we have (in various states) I added
a file called LANGUAGES.STATUS under parrot/languages

Just read the file and it explains itself. Please, if you are
the author of one of the compilers and you don't have commit
access, mail a 2 line summary of the state of your compiler
to someone with commit privs.

I think this will help us keep the languages directory from becoming
a creepy graveyard for people trying out Parrot.

-Melvin

Will Coleda

Oct 7, 2003, 12:44:50 AM10/7/03
to Melvin Smith, perl6-i...@perl.org, dan Sugalski, st...@fink.com
tcl -

passes all tests, but all examples do not currently work.
heavily under construction, but maintained.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda will at coleda
dot com

Michal Wallace

Oct 8, 2003, 12:26:43 PM10/8/03
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Melvin Smith wrote:

> In an attempt to get a handle on what the status is of all the
> language compilers we have (in various states) I added
> a file called LANGUAGES.STATUS under parrot/languages
>
> Just read the file and it explains itself. Please, if you are
> the author of one of the compilers and you don't have commit
> access, mail a 2 line summary of the state of your compiler
> to someone with commit privs.

Python: Mostly working except for classes/exec/import. For licensing
reasons, not in parrot's cvs tree. See http://pirate.tangentcode.com/

Sincerely,

Michal J Wallace
Sabren Enterprises, Inc.