[perl #36841] PATCH minor comment fixup request in pir-mode.el

Jim McKim

Aug 8, 2005, 8:40:30 PM8/8/05
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Jim McKim
# Please include the string: [perl #36841]

The file pir-mode.el defines an editing mode for emacs/xemacs that makes
thing very nice when editing imcc sources. There is a two line comment
near the beginning of the file that describe how best to install the
mode. I had to remove the '\' escapes from the first line; otherwise the
editor tried to load a file whose name literally starts and ends with
double-quotation marks. The change to the second line was merely to
allow recognition of the '.imc' extension in addition to the '.pir'
extension.

This is a pretty minor patch request, but if you need to use emacs and
are not familiar with elisp, it's frustrating.

--
Jim McKim

pir-mode.el.patch

Chromatic

Aug 9, 2005, 1:32:51 PM8/9/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 17:40 -0700, Jim McKim wrote:

> The file pir-mode.el defines an editing mode for emacs/xemacs that makes
> thing very nice when editing imcc sources. There is a two line comment
> near the beginning of the file that describe how best to install the
> mode. I had to remove the '\' escapes from the first line; otherwise the
> editor tried to load a file whose name literally starts and ends with
> double-quotation marks. The change to the second line was merely to
> allow recognition of the '.imc' extension in addition to the '.pir'
> extension.

Thanks, applied.

(As a side note, it's much easier to apply patches take from the Parrot
root directory. This one wasn't too bad, but if the patched file is
several directories down, trawling for it can take a while.)

-- c