[perl #60586] nsentry

1 view

Kevin Tew

Nov 16, 2008, 1:11:59 PM11/16/08
to bugs-bi...@netlabs.develooper.com
# New Ticket Created by Kevin Tew
# Please include the string: [perl #60586]

Code is in branch nsentry.
Deprecated notice is going in.
pmichaud has agreed to write tests

Patrick R. Michaud

Sep 21, 2009, 12:17:33 PM9/21/09
to Will Coleda via RT, te...@tewk.com
On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 11:58:16PM -0700, Will Coleda via RT wrote:

> On Sun Nov 16 10:11:57 2008, tewk wrote:
> > Code is in branch nsentry.
> > Deprecated notice is going in.
> > pmichaud has agreed to write tests
>
> This branch was last updated:
>
> r34228 | tewk | 2008-12-21 23:41:44 -0500 (Sun, 21 Dec 2008) | 2 lines
>
> I suspect merging this with trunk will be painful.
>
> Can we get a status update? (either simply closing this ticket or closing it and opening a new
> one on trac to trac the progress of this request?)

There is already a ticket that discusses the current nsentry
issues at TT #389.

I think that 53302 can be closed/rejected with a link to
TT #389. I've already created a backlink from TT #389 to
this ticket, for people who want the historical context.

The nsentry branch has only one commit in it; i.e., it was
copied from trunk and then a single (relatively large) commit
was applied. We could potentially store the diff in TT #389
in case someone wants to go back and look at it for reference.
Either way, I think we can probably remove the nsentry branch
itself as being unsalvageable.

Pm