dynclasses OS X test failures - a Perl task

Leopold Toetsch

Mar 4, 2005, 4:25:15 AM3/4/05
to Perl 6 Internals
It's really nice to have the desk cluttered with 3 PCs. I ran
t/dynclass/pyint_1.imc parallel through gdb and tried to track down, why
it segfaults on OS X.

Eventually I found this:

$ grep -2 parents dynclasses/pynci.dump

linux/i386:

'class' => 'PyNCI',
'parents' => [
'NCI',
'PyFunc',

OS X:

'parents' => [
'PyFunc',
'NCI',

That's the reason, why a Sub is called, where there is none - PyNCI has
the wrong vtable entry for invoke.

I'd be glad if some folks could have a look at the PMC compiler
classes/pmc2c2.pl and lib/Parrot/Pmc2c.pm. Something seems to be fishy
somewhere.

Thanks,
leo

Andy Dougherty

Mar 4, 2005, 1:25:40 PM3/4/05
to Perl 6 Internals

I was hoping to get a look at this today, but instead, got stuck here:

make: *** No rule to make target `blib/include/unicode/ucnv.h', needed by `src/string_primitives.o'. Stop.

I don't remember seeing this before. How is anyone getting past this?
Hmm. Looking further, it looks as if the Makefile has decided not to
build icu/ at all. Odd. Does anyone know if this is an intended
side-effect of Dan's string work?

If no-one beats me to it, I'll look into the broken dependency on Monday,
and then maybe on Tuesday I'll be able to look at the dynaclass/pyint core
dump some more.

--
Andy Dougherty doug...@lafayette.edu

Leopold Toetsch

Mar 5, 2005, 4:02:20 AM3/5/05
to Andy Dougherty, Perl 6 Internals
Andy Dougherty wrote:
>> Eventually I found this:
>>
>> $ grep -2 parents dynclasses/pynci.dump
>>
>> linux/i386:

>> OS X:

>> 'parents' => [
>> 'PyFunc',
>> 'NCI',

After make cvsclean; per Configure.pl; ... I got the correct parents
ordering. Seems that the parents somewhere go through a hash which then
produces either ordering.

leo

Leopold Toetsch

Mar 5, 2005, 3:58:22 AM3/5/05
Andy Dougherty wrote:
> make: *** No rule to make target `blib/include/unicode/ucnv.h',
> needed by `src/string_primitives.o'. Stop.

This was fixed by Bernhard yesterday.

leo

Leopold Toetsch

Mar 5, 2005, 5:20:00 AM3/5/05
Andy Dougherty wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

>> I'd be glad if some folks could have a look at the PMC compiler
>> classes/pmc2c2.pl and lib/Parrot/Pmc2c.pm. Something seems to be fishy
>> somewhere.

Fixed. Old code that assumed there's just one flag so a hash was used.

leo

Andy Dougherty

Mar 7, 2005, 9:09:34 AM3/7/05
to Perl 6 Internals

Thanks. I must have missed his fix by just a few hours. I'll check today
that the dynaclasses/py* are working for me.

--
Andy Dougherty doug...@lafayette.edu