(not) logging #parrot

Chip Salzenberg

Mar 28, 2005, 3:10:43 PM3/28/05
to Perl 6 Internals
Since #parrot has many Parrot people talking about Parroty things all
the time, it's been suggested that we log #parrot somewhere. The sad
thing about IRC logs, however, is that they're 99% dross and only 1%
precious metals. Of course that 1% is often uniquely valuable.

So I'd like to suggest that we continue to do without a #parrot log,
and replace it with a tradition of giving informative people a good
pasting. For example, today, #parrot hosted this conversation:

<@chip> I don't think we should log IRC, there's too much chatter.
I'd like to try a social policy that if someone say something
interesting on IRC, that part gets copied & pasted to p6i
<@Coke> Ok. Thank you for volunteering!
<@lbr> don't kill the new guy just yet, coke ;)
* Coke tries to avoid getting sucked any further to "recording secretary"

As for the autrijus/leo IRC event: Much of it seemed to be things that
autrijus Really Needed To Know, but which without context would not
likely make a good general informational message. If I'm wrong about
that, I invite autrijus or leo to summarize what was discussed....
--
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <ch...@pobox.com>
Open Source is not an excuse to write fun code

Leopold Toetsch

Mar 29, 2005, 3:25:02 AM3/29/05
to Chip Salzenberg, Perl 6 Internals
Chip Salzenberg wrote:

> As for the autrijus/leo IRC event: Much of it seemed to be things that
> autrijus Really Needed To Know, but which without context would not
> likely make a good general informational message. If I'm wrong about
> that, I invite autrijus or leo to summarize what was discussed....

The main outcome (besides some ast/imcc internals) was:

Parrot's calling conventions are too limited. Specifically any
information about a call's void/scalar/list context isn't present.

I'll send a proposal WRT calling conventions later today.

leo