parsing perl6 grammars

Nathan Gray

Jul 19, 2005, 2:01:05 PM7/19/05
to Jeff Pinyan, perl6-c...@perl.org
Jeff,

Autrijus Tang suggested to me that you had at one time started work on a
parser for perl6 rules.

What is the state of that project?

May others help?

-kolibrie

Nathan Gray

Jul 19, 2005, 3:22:46 PM7/19/05
to Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan, perl6-c...@perl.org
On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 03:01:03PM -0400, Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan wrote:
> On Jul 19, Nathan Gray said:
>
> >May others help?
>
> Most likely. I haven't CVS'd it yet (or whatever it is they're using on
> feather.perl6.nl), but I suppose I should if multiple people would want to
> contribute.

SVN (or SVK) is the norm there, at least for pugs.

> The project is basically a very specific subclass of my Regexp::Parser
> module, which you can find on CPAN. Looking through its tutorial is a
> good way to get up to speed on what I'm doing.

Ok, thanks. I'll start getting up to speed. I wondered whether you
were using Regexp::Parser for this rules project. Now to find out what
it's all about.

-kolibrie

Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan

Jul 19, 2005, 3:30:20 PM7/19/05
to Nathan Gray, perl6-c...@perl.org
Hrm, the very of Regexp::Parser on CPAN is actually older than the one I'm
working with. I'll upload the current one right away.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan % How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734 % the cheated, we who for every service

Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan

Jul 19, 2005, 3:01:03 PM7/19/05
On Jul 19, Nathan Gray said:

> Autrijus Tang suggested to me that you had at one time started work on a
> parser for perl6 rules.
>
> What is the state of that project?

I started work on it back at the end of May, beginning of June, but then I
got bogged down with classwork (taking a summer course) and after that I
moved to a new place and started a job. I've only just now gotten
internet at my apartment, so I can work on it again from home (rather than
at work).

> May others help?

Most likely. I haven't CVS'd it yet (or whatever it is they're using on
feather.perl6.nl), but I suppose I should if multiple people would want to
contribute.

The project is basically a very specific subclass of my Regexp::Parser

module, which you can find on CPAN. Looking through its tutorial is a
good way to get up to speed on what I'm doing.

Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan

Jul 20, 2005, 7:08:20 AM7/20/05
to Nathan Gray, perl6-c...@perl.org
http://feather.perl6.nl/~japhy/ has R-P-0.20 with the current state of the
Perl6::Rule::Parser code.

Nathan Gray

Jul 20, 2005, 2:15:53 PM7/20/05
to Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan, Nathan Gray, perl6-c...@perl.org
On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 07:08:20AM -0400, Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan wrote:
> http://feather.perl6.nl/~japhy/ has R-P-0.20 with the current state of the
> Perl6::Rule::Parser code.

Awesome, I'll take a look.

-kolibrie