Documentation

Kevin Tew

Aug 19, 2005, 11:15:58 AM8/19/05
to perl6-c...@perl.org
I've been watching pugs for a while and would like to get more involved.

To that end I've been exploring the source tree.
As a newbie, I've got a lot of questions, So I'm attempting to learn by
updating and adding documenation.
My patches may seem obvious to the seasoned pugs hacker, however, I'm
attempting to help newbies be able to understand more of the
directory structure and architecture without a personal tutorial.

I'm sure I've got some things wrong, I've figured out what I know by
just poking around.
Anyway, this is my first attempt at a pugs doc patch :)
Comments welcome!

Kevin

Speaking about directory structure how about
backends/Perl5/codegen
/Perl6-MetaModel-Impl
/runtime or prelude (What exactly is a prelude?
how does it differ from a runtime library?)
/Perl6 /...

/JS/...
/PIR/Parrot/..
or
Perl6-MetaModel-BACKEND
ie
Perl6-MetaModel-Perl5
Perl6-MetaModel-JS
etc

I found pugs/perl5/ a little confusing at first

doc.diff

Chromatic

Aug 19, 2005, 1:41:24 PM8/19/05
to Kevin Tew, perl6-c...@perl.org
On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 09:15 -0600, Kevin Tew wrote:

> Anyway, this is my first attempt at a pugs doc patch :)
> Comments welcome!

Welcome. I'm sure someone will offer you a commit bit very soon. In
the meantime, my only comment is that, outside of class, module, file,
and package names, where spaces are too significant, Perl 5 and Perl 6
should have a space between the word and the number.

It's a little thing.

-- c

Dudley Flanders

Aug 19, 2005, 3:11:38 PM8/19/05