problems grabbing darcs repo

1 view

Greg Buchholz

Mar 24, 2005, 6:49:57 PM3/24/05
to perl6-c...@perl.org

In my attempt to get pugs up and running on my machine, I tried to
use the darcs repository. I used a command like...

$ darcs get http://wagner.elixus.org/~autrijus/darcs/pugs/

...which seemed to work without complaining, and applied 699 patches to
my directory. When I try "make" (after first doing "perl Makefile.pl"),
it complains...

/usr/local/bin/perl -Iinc util/version_h.pl
/usr/local/bin/ghc --make -H200m -L. -Lsrc -Lsrc/pcre -I. -Isrc
-Isrc/pcre -i. -isrc -isrc/pcre -static -Wall
-fno-warn-missing-signatures -fno-warn-name-shadowing
-fno-warn-deprecations -fno-warn-orphans -o pugs src/Main.hs
src/pcre/pcre.o src/UnicodeC.o
Chasing modules from: src/Main.hs
Could not find module `Compile':
use -v to see a list of the files searched for
(imported from src/Main.hs)
make: *** [pugs] Error 1

...Well sure enough, there is no Compile.hs in my src/ directory.
Digging around a little bit, I notice that there is a "Compile.hs" in...

http://wagner.elixus.org/~autrijus/darcs/pugs/src/

...but not in...

http://wagner.elixus.org/~autrijus/darcs/pugs/_darcs/current/src/

Knowing nothing about darcs, this may be a red herring. Anyone have a
clue as to why my machine doesn't appear to have the latest greatest
version of pugs? (I've got GHC 6.4, perl 5.8.6, darcs 1.0.2)

Thanks,

Greg Buchholz

Tupshin Harper

Mar 24, 2005, 7:55:52 PM3/24/05
to Greg Buchholz, perl6-c...@perl.org
Greg Buchholz wrote:

>...Well sure enough, there is no Compile.hs in my src/ directory.
>Digging around a little bit, I notice that there is a "Compile.hs" in...
>
> http://wagner.elixus.org/~autrijus/darcs/pugs/src/
>
>...but not in...
>
> http://wagner.elixus.org/~autrijus/darcs/pugs/_darcs/current/src/
>
>Knowing nothing about darcs, this may be a red herring. Anyone have a
>clue as to why my machine doesn't appear to have the latest greatest
>version of pugs? (I've got GHC 6.4, perl 5.8.6, darcs 1.0.2)

I get the same error. That doesn't seem like a red herring (knowing a
bunch about darcs and not much about pugs). The _darcs/current/
directory should contain a pristine copy of everything that has been
recorded in the darcs repository, and the fact that those files are not
there, but are in the main working directory certainly indicates that a
bunch of files have not been recorded using darcs.

I used wget -r to pull down the entire darcs repo, including the working
directory, and then ran "darcs whatsnew --look-for-adds --summary" to
generate a list of files that don't seem to have been recorded with
darcs, and got the list of 150 files below.

I have recorded a naive darcs patch that adds these files. You can pull
it from: http://69.233.54.134/pugs/, though if you do pull it, you will
want to unpull it after the main repo is fixed to avoid conflicts.

Can somebody in charge of the pugs repo explain the reason for the
missing files?

-Tupshin

a ./LICENSE/GHC
a ./examples/golf/rg0now-head.p6
a ./examples/golf/rg0now-mid.p6
a ./examples/golf/rg0now-rev.p6
a ./examples/golf/rg0now-tail.p6
a ./examples/golf/rg0now-wc.p6
a ./examples/golf/tsanta.p6
a ./examples/mandel.p5
a ./examples/output/junctions/
a ./examples/output/junctions/1
a ./examples/output/junctions/3
a ./examples/output/junctions/all-all
a ./examples/output/junctions/all-any
a ./examples/output/junctions/any-any
a ./examples/output/junctions/any-any2
a ./examples/output/junctions/grades
a ./ext/FileSpec/
a ./ext/FileSpec/lib/
a ./ext/FileSpec/lib/File/
a ./ext/FileSpec/t/
a ./ext/FileSpec/t/01_file_spec_test.t
a ./ext/FileSpec/t/10_unix_test.t
a ./ext/FileSpec/t/11_unix_test_p5.t
a ./ext/FileSpec/t/20_win32_test.t
a ./ext/FileSpec/t/21_win32_test_p5.t
a ./ext/Perl5-Kwid/doc/
a ./ext/Perl5-Kwid/doc/kwidinput.pod
a ./ext/Perl5-Kwid/doc/poddomspec.pod
a ./ext/Perl5-Kwid/t/data1
a ./ext/Perl5-Kwid/t/to_html1.t
a ./ext/SHA1/
a ./ext/SHA1/lib/
a ./ext/SHA1/lib/SHA1.pm
a ./ext/SHA1/src/
a ./ext/SHA1/src/SHA1.hs
a ./ext/SHA1/t/
a ./ext/SHA1/t/sha1.t
a ./modules/CGI-Lite/
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/lib/
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/lib/Commands/
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/t/
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/t/01use.t
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/t/02nullop.t
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/t/03trivial.t
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/t/04exception.t
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/t/05sanity.t
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/t/06rollback.t
a ./modules/Commands-Guarded/t/07doforeach.t
a ./modules/Config-Tiny/
a ./modules/Config-Tiny/lib/
a ./modules/Config-Tiny/lib/Config/
a ./modules/Config-Tiny/t/
a ./modules/Config-Tiny/t/01_main.t
a ./modules/Config-Tiny/test.conf
a ./modules/Email-Simple/
a ./modules/Email-Simple/lib/
a ./modules/Email-Simple/lib/Email/
a ./modules/Email-Simple/t/
a ./modules/Email-Simple/t/1.t
a ./modules/Email-Simple/t/2.t
a ./modules/Email-Simple/t/3.t
a ./modules/Email-Simple/t/4.t
a ./modules/Email-Simple/t/test-mails/
a ./modules/Geo-Distance/
a ./modules/Geo-Distance/lib/
a ./modules/Geo-Distance/lib/Geo/
a ./modules/Getopt-Std/
a ./modules/Getopt-Std/lib/
a ./modules/Getopt-Std/lib/Getopt/
a ./modules/Getopt-Std/t/
a ./modules/Getopt-Std/t/tests.t
a ./modules/Locale-KeyedText/t/Locale_KeyedText.t
a ./modules/MIME-Lite/
a ./modules/MIME-Lite/lib/
a ./modules/MIME-Lite/lib/MIME/
a ./modules/MIME-Lite/t/
a ./modules/Mail-Address/
a ./modules/Mail-Address/lib/
a ./modules/Mail-Address/lib/Mail/
a ./modules/Mail-Address/t/
a ./modules/Mail-Address/t/extract.t
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/lib/
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/lib/Tree/
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/t/
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/t/10_Tree_Simple_test.t
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/t/11_Tree_Simple_fixDepth_test.t
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/t/12_Tree_Simple_exceptions_test.t
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/t/13_Tree_Simple_clone_test.t
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/t/14_Tree_Simple_leak_test.t
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/t/14a_Tree_Simple_weak_refs_test.t
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/t/15_Tree_Simple_height_test.t
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/t/16_Tree_Simple_width_test.t
a ./modules/Tree-Simple/t/20_Tree_Simple_Visitor_test.t
a ./modules/URI/
a ./modules/URI/lib/
a ./modules/URI/lib/URI/
a ./modules/URI/lib/URI.pm
a ./modules/URI/t/
a ./modules/URI/t/abs.t
a ./modules/URI/t/data.t
a ./modules/URI/t/escape.t
a ./modules/URI/t/file.t
a ./modules/URI/t/ftp.t
a ./modules/URI/t/generic.t
a ./modules/URI/t/heuristic.t
a ./modules/URI/t/http.t
a ./modules/URI/t/ldap.t
a ./modules/URI/t/mailto.t
a ./modules/URI/t/mix.t
a ./modules/URI/t/mms.t
a ./modules/URI/t/news.t
a ./modules/URI/t/old-absconf.t
a ./modules/URI/t/old-base.t
a ./modules/URI/t/old-file.t
a ./modules/URI/t/old-relbase.t
a ./modules/URI/t/pop.t
a ./modules/URI/t/query-param.t
a ./modules/URI/t/query.t
a ./modules/URI/t/rel.t
a ./modules/URI/t/rfc2732.t
a ./modules/URI/t/roy-test.t
a ./modules/URI/t/roytest1.html
a ./modules/URI/t/roytest2.html
a ./modules/URI/t/roytest3.html
a ./modules/URI/t/roytest4.html
a ./modules/URI/t/roytest5.html
a ./modules/URI/t/rsync.t
a ./modules/URI/t/rtsp.t
a ./modules/URI/t/sip.t
a ./modules/URI/t/split.t
a ./modules/URI/t/urn-isbn.t
a ./modules/URI/t/urn-oid.t
a ./src/Compile/
a ./src/Compile.hs
a ./src/Compile/Haskell.hs
a ./src/Compile/Parrot.hs
a ./src/Compile/Pugs.hs
a ./src/Embed/
a ./src/Embed.hs
a ./src/Embed/Perl5.hs
a ./src/External/
a ./src/External.hs
a ./src/External/C.hs
a ./src/External/Haskell/
a ./src/External/Haskell.hs
a ./src/External/Haskell/DynamicLoader.hs
a ./src/External/Haskell/LICENSE
a ./src/External/Haskell/NameLoader.hs
a ./src/Internals/
a ./src/Internals/Map.hs
a ./src/Internals/TH.hs
a ./src/RRegex/
a ./src/RRegex.hs
a ./src/RRegex/LICENSE
a ./src/RRegex/PCRE.hs
a ./src/RRegex/Syntax.hs
a ./src/Run.hs
a ./t/builtins/numify.t
a ./t/builtins/true.t
a ./t/examples/golf.t
a ./t/oo/attributes.t
a ./t/oo/class.t
a ./t/oo/meta_class.t
a ./t/oo/method.t
a ./t/operators/file_test_ops.t
a ./t/pugsbugs/die_and_end.t
a ./t/pugsbugs/return_from_inner_block.t
a ./t/pugsbugs/syntax_crashes.t
a ./t/rules/Disabled/
a ./t/rules/Disabled/rules.t
a ./t/rules/perl5.t
a ./t/rules/s_perl5.t
a ./t/subroutines/currying.t
a ./testgraph.css
a ./util/smoker-example.yml

Autrijus Tang

Mar 24, 2005, 9:53:34 PM3/24/05
to Tupshin Harper, Greg Buchholz, perl6-c...@perl.org
On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 04:55:52PM -0800, Tupshin Harper wrote:
> I used wget -r to pull down the entire darcs repo, including the working
> directory, and then ran "darcs whatsnew --look-for-adds --summary" to
> generate a list of files that don't seem to have been recorded with
> darcs, and got the list of 150 files below.

I have just fixed it. Thanks for the report!

> Can somebody in charge of the pugs repo explain the reason for the
> missing files?

Yes. Somehow "darcs add -r ." does not DWIM. I've switched to use
"darcs add *", "darcs add */*" etc, and it seems to work.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/