pugs-commit e-mailing list

1 view

Sam Vilain

May 4, 2005, 9:03:54 PM5/4/05
to perl6-c...@perl.org
Hi all,

So, there I was setting up an OpenFoundry account for another project,
http://utilvserver.openfoundry.org/, when they wanted to get commit e-mails
with diffs. So I logged a feature request at http://xrl.us/fy3j, but that
didn't give me commit e-mails straight away, so instead I decided to try
plugging a commit mailer into SVK's internal SVN repository.

After a little bother with upstream vs local version numbers, I mangled the
commit-email.pl that comes with svn, and what do you know, I end up writing
a general solution for getting commit e-mails from any remote Subversion
repository via SVK (http://svk.elixus.org/?SvkCommitEmails)

But in case some people haven't figured out that switching from svn to svk
is actually dead simple (assuming you can install the dependancies ... <g>),
I set up a mailing list that you can just subscribe to to get the messages.

Subscribe, browse, or just gawk at the ugliness of Mailman at:

Sam.