chomp problem

Jens Rieks

May 29, 2005, 8:43:08 AM5/29/05
to perl6-c...@perl.org
Hi,

the attached patch shows a problem with chomp.
Output:
jrieks@interlight:~/projekte/pugs$ ./pugs -Iblib6/lib
t/builtins/strings/chomp.t
1..12
ok 1 - our variable is chomped correctly
ok 2 - our variable is chomped again with no effect
ok 3 - our variable is chomped correctly
ok 4 - our variable is chomped again correctly
ok 5 - our variable is chomped again with no effect
ok 6 - our variable is chomped correctly
ok 7 - our variable is chomped again with no effect
ok 8 - our variable is chomped with no effect
ok 9 - chomp returns the chomped value
ok 10 - and our variable is chomped correctly
# Looks like you planned 12 tests, but ran 10
*** Can't modify constant item: VStr "blub\n"
at t/builtins/strings/chomp.t line 57, column 27-38

chomp.t.diff