Pugs SEGV

Aaron Sherman

Apr 19, 2005, 1:30:15 PM4/19/05
to perl6-c...@perl.org
I was playing around with pugs's interactive mode and didn't think about
what I was typing. I just typed "?" out of force of semi-habit with CLI
tools, and to my shock Pugs SEGVed. Now, I realize that this wasn't
valid input, but still... a SEGV seems like an odd response.

The really frustrating part is that, loaded up under gdb, I get:

pugs> ?

*** Evl:
*** Ret: undef

which is correct.

--
Aaron Sherman <a...@ajs.com>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith

Autrijus Tang

Apr 19, 2005, 1:51:48 PM4/19/05
to Aaron Sherman, perl6-c...@perl.org
On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 01:30:15PM -0400, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> I was playing around with pugs's interactive mode and didn't think about
> what I was typing. I just typed "?" out of force of semi-habit with CLI
> tools, and to my shock Pugs SEGVed. Now, I realize that this wasn't
> valid input, but still... a SEGV seems like an odd response.

I think I've fixed it yesterday. Which svn rev are you on?

Thanks,
/Autrijus/

Aaron Sherman

Apr 19, 2005, 10:36:50 PM4/19/05