AIX (xlc) DBD::Oracle *without* LIBPATH?

John Wiersba via dbi-users

Jul 27, 2019, 12:45:04 AM7/27/19
to dbi-...@perl.org
Hi!

I like to know: has anyone been able to get DBD::Oracle working on AIX (6 and/or 7) using the xlc compiler, *without* having to set LIBPATH *at runtime*?  I am able to get it to work by setting LIBPATH, but that's very distasteful and I'm trying to find a way to avoid it.

On RHEL Linux, I'm able to avoid setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so I would think that I could do the same on AIX, but so far I haven't been successful.

I am able to load the Oracle driver without LIBPATH, but DBI->connect fails with:

DBI connect(...) failed: ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME (Linux) env var  or PATH (Windows) and or NLS settings, permissions, etc. at -e line 30
connection error: ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME (Linux) env var  or PATH (Windows) and or NLS settings, permissions, etc.

I can provide more details if someone thinks it's possible.

Thanks!
-- John