(Fwd) Perl with Oracle 12c

Tim....@pobox.com

Apr 10, 2018, 11:15:02 AM4/10/18
to dbi-...@perl.org, Seidler, Reinhard
----- Forwarded message from "Seidler, Reinhard" <Reinhard...@amtc-dresden.com> -----

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 12:16:09 +0000
From: "Seidler, Reinhard" <Reinhard...@amtc-dresden.com>
To: "Tim....@pobox.com" <Tim....@pobox.com>
Subject: Perl with Oracle 12c

Hi Tim,

We develop Perl applications connecting and working with Oracle database (DBD:Oracle). So far it was
Oracle version 11. Now the database will be migrated to 12.2.0.1. How should we deal with that? Any
answer would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

With best regards
Reinhard

Reinhard Seidler
Automation Engineer

Advanced Mask Technology Center GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: [+49] (0) 351 4048 384
Fax: [+49] (0) 351 4048 189
[1]mailto:reinhard...@amtc-dresden.com

Advanced Mask Technology Center GmbH & Co. KG
Raehnitzer Allee 9 | D-01109 Dresden | GERMANY
Sitz: Dresden
Registergericht: Dresden
HRA Nummer: HRA 4820

persönlich haftender Gesellschafter:
Advanced Mask Technology Center Verwaltungs GmbH
Sitz des persönlich haftenden Gesellschafters: Dresden
Registergericht: Dresden
HRB-Nummer: HRB 22745
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schmidt

Diese Mail einschliesslich der Anhänge könnte vertraulich sein. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte
Empfänger dieser Mail sein, so ist jegliches Verwenden, Offenbaren oder Kopieren der Mail und ihrer
Anhänge untersagt.
Bitte informieren Sie den Absender und löschen Sie die Mail und deren Anhänge von Ihrem Rechner.
Vielen Dank.

This email and its attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and its attachments is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify immediately the sender by return email and
delete this email and its attachments from your computer system. Thank you.

References

Visible links
1. mailto:reinhard...@amtc-dresden.com

----- End forwarded message -----

John D Groenveld

Apr 10, 2018, 11:30:03 AM4/10/18
to dbi-...@perl.org
In message <20180410150233.7hxxrlqqhwoysp7m@timac>, "Tim....@pobox.com" write
s:
> We develop Perl applications connecting and working with Oracle database (D
>BD:Oracle). So far it was
> Oracle version 11. Now the database will be migrated to 12.2.0.1. How shoul
>d we deal with that? Any
> answer would be appreciated.

Relinking DBD::Oracle against InstantClient 12.2 is probably not required
but something I would do.

John
groe...@acm.org

John D Groenveld

Apr 11, 2018, 9:15:03 AM4/11/18
to dbi-...@perl.org
In message <2ceb8fe815e746e4...@USCPMB01.PHOTOMASK.com>, "Seidler,
Reinhard" writes:
>Thanks to all. Who could know the compiled Oracle client version?

$ perl -MDBD::Oracle -le 'print DBD::Oracle::ORA_OCI'
12.2.0.1

>11.2 would be fine and certified by Oracle...

Yes.

John
groe...@acm.org