NOT able to download DBD::Oracle using - cpan DBD::Oracle

Malhotra Vivek (UK)

Apr 19, 2012, 6:41:57 AM4/19/12
to dbi-...@perl.org, dbi-use...@perl.org
Can anybody please help why I am not able to download DBD::Oracle for Strawberry Perl on my Windows machine with Cpan command.
Is it due to firewall.

What other options can I try. Please help as I am working first time on Windows Perl. Below is the message which I get when I run the command from command prompt.

C:\Documents and Settings\vmalhot1>cpan DBD::Oracle
CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok (v5.835)
CPAN: Time::HiRes loaded ok (v1.9721)
Fetching with LWP:
http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
LWP failed with code[500] message[Can't connect to cpan.strawberryperl.com:80 (c
onnect: timeout)]
Warning: no success downloading 'C:\strawberry\cpan\sources\authors\01mailrc.txt
.gz.tmp5552'. Giving up on it.
Warning: no success downloading 'C:\strawberry\cpan\sources\authors\01mailrc.txt
.gz.tmp5552'. Giving up on it.

As a last resort we now switch to the external ftp command 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\
ftp.EXE'
to get 'C:\strawberry\cpan\sources\authors\01mailrc.txt.gz.tmp5552'.
Doing so often leads to problems that are hard to diagnose.
If you're the victim of such problems, please consider unsetting the
ftp config variable with
o conf ftp ""
o conf commit
Fetching with LWP:
http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
LWP failed with code[500] message[Can't connect to cpan.strawberryperl.com:80 (c
onnect: timeout)]
Warning: no success downloading 'C:\strawberry\cpan\sources\authors\01mailrc.txt
.gz.tmp5552'. Giving up on it.
Warning: no success downloading 'C:\strawberry\cpan\sources\authors\01mailrc.txt
.gz.tmp5552'. Giving up on it.
As a last resort we now switch to the external ftp command 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\
ftp.EXE'
to get 'C:\strawberry\cpan\sources\authors\01mailrc.txt.gz.tmp5552'.
Doing so often leads to problems that are hard to diagnose.
If you're the victim of such problems, please consider unsetting the
ftp config variable with
o conf ftp ""
o conf commit
CPAN: YAML loaded ok (v0.73)
Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file
(http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/) are valid. The urllist can be edited.
E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'
Could not fetch authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
C:\Documents and Settings\vmalhot1>

Kind Regards,
Vivek Malhotra
ECommerce Test Services
t+44 (0) 113 202 4544
m+44 (0) 7596880793
Telefónica UK Limited

This electronic message contains information from Telefonica UK, Telefonica Europe or Telefonica Digital which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email.

Switchboard: +44 (0)113 272 2000
Email: feed...@o2.com

Telefonica UK Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX Registered in England and Wales: 1743099. VAT number: GB 778 6037 85
Telefonica Europe plc 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX Registered in England and Wales: 05310128. VAT number: GB 778 6037 85
Telefonica Digital Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX Registered in England and Wales: 7884976. VAT number: GB 778 6037 85

Christian Krauße

Apr 21, 2012, 2:43:41 PM4/21/12
to Malhotra Vivek (UK), dbi-use...@perl.org, dbi-...@perl.org
Download it via Browser from cpan and follow the build readme. But build
will fail the Test if you did Not have the sample users active..,