hosting suggestion?

1 view

Rick T

Jul 1, 2023, 2:30:07 PM7/1/23
to Perl Beginners
My web hosting company is closing business, and I less than two weeks to move my five sites to another host. All of these use perl. If you have experience with a host that supports perl, I’d appreciate any and all suggestions. I’m less concerned with cost than with service quality and support because I’m a high school teacher rather than a web professional!

Thanks in advance!

Rick Triplett

Uri Guttman

Jul 1, 2023, 3:00:07 PM7/1/23
to begi...@perl.org
i have used hurricane electric for decades. they should still support perl cgi but i haven't checked that in a long time. very good support as they answer the phone with humans who know stuff.

he.net

uri
--
https://uriguttman.blogspot.com/
A Long Strange Trip

Rick T

Jul 1, 2023, 3:30:06 PM7/1/23
to Perl Beginners
😁 A knowledgable human — what a concept!

Bob Kardell via beginners

Jul 1, 2023, 4:00:06 PM7/1/23
to Rick T, Perl Beginners

On Jul 1, 2023, at 2:18 PM, Rick T <pe...@reason.net> wrote:

Linode

Mike

Jul 3, 2023, 7:00:11 AM7/3/23
to begi...@perl.org, Rick T

I used HostGator for more than 10 years, but they lost
much of their expertise during Covid.  I am on A2-hosting
now.  I think they are expensive, but pretty good.

Mike

pe...@reason.net

Jul 3, 2023, 9:45:05 PM7/3/23
to Perl Beginners
Thanks, Mike. A2 was high on my list; I’ll give them a close look. — Rick