providing perl api for C library

Henry R

Dec 9, 2022, 10:30:13 PM12/9/22
to begi...@perl.org
Hello list,

I have written a C library which encrypts the data stored in object storage like S3.
If I want to provide it with a perl OO interface what's the right way? such methods like:

$data->encrypt("input.sth");
$data->decrypt("input.sth");

Thanks.

Mike

Dec 10, 2022, 7:30:13 AM12/10/22
to begi...@perl.org, sup...@openmbox.net

I don't know.

You know what they say - to get the quickest answer, don't
ask the question.  Instead, do it wrong and people will
come out of the woodwork to tell you your an idiot :-)

Mike

Kang-min Liu

Dec 10, 2022, 9:15:07 AM12/10/22
to begi...@perl.org

"Henry R" <sup...@openmbox.net> writes:

> Hello list,
>
> I have written a C library which encrypts the data stored in object storage like S3.
> If I want to provide it with a perl OO interface what's the right way? such methods like:

My experience on this topic is rather limited, but if you are talking
about interfacing a .so file, the CPAN module FFI::Platypus might be the
easiest way -- less line of code to write, but heavier on dependencies. :)

--
Kang-min Liu