Is this bit of scrip a reasonable way to test something

hput via beginners

Jan 2, 2022, 10:45:04 PM1/2/22
to begi...@perl.org
I was just coding in in ksh93 for simple script but tangled up with
way matching and regex work in ksh93.

Finally trashed it turned to perl.

Just have familiarity with one way of test in shell script:

Put it in an if clause like (in shell):

if [ cd somedir ];then
print "ok permissions were good to enter somedir"
fi

------- ------- ---=--- ------- -------
Wanting to see if an encrypted dir is open
------- ------- ---=--- ------- -------

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;

my $loc = './s';

print "Testing with `chdir', if my perms are good to enter $loc\n";

if (chdir $loc) {
print "my perms worked to enter <$loc>\n";
}

Is this a reasonable way to do this or am I missing some thing that
will be quicker and more `perl' like?

Vlado Keselj

Jan 3, 2022, 1:00:05 AM1/3/22
to hput, begi...@perl.org