socket.io

Valeriy Filatov

Oct 28, 2020, 4:17:01 PM10/28/20
to Perl Kelp
Hey, guys!

Has anybody experience implementing WebSocket server on Kelp (or Plack) side?
What lib do use on server and client sides?
Any socket.io-client compatible?

Thanks

brtast...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2021, 6:57:38 AM1/10/21
to Perl Kelp
Hey, sorry for late response.

I've got a websocket server for Kelp available on CPAN: https://metacpan.org/pod/Kelp::Module::WebSocket::AnyEvent . It is really a standalone AnyEvent WebSocket server that is nicely integrated with Kelp via my another module, Symbiosis. Unfortunately it requires AnyEvent non-blocking server, for example Twiggy which is stable but not currently maintained (and I don't know of any alternatives).

If you want to have a better support for websockets, you're better off using Mojolicious. Fortunately it is extremely similar to Kelp so the transition should be relatively painless.

Valeriy Filatov

Jan 29, 2021, 3:41:27 PM1/29/21
to perl...@googlegroups.com

brtast...@gmail.com

thank you very much for your efforts, I will definitely review those options.