New version in the works: 3.06

Nate Wiger

Sep 3, 2011, 5:00:21 PM9/3/11
to perl-formbuilder
Hi all-

I have finally gotten around to integrating the misc patches to
resolve the major outstanding RT bugs. I have pushed a series of
commits to github: https://github.com/formbuilder/formbuilder

If you have any remaining issues, please chime in. Otherwise, I will
take a look at releasing FormBuilder 3.06 over the new week or so.

Cheers,
Nate

Victor Porton

Sep 3, 2011, 5:06:52 PM9/3/11
to perl-for...@googlegroups.com
Just intrigued, have you merged my patches (all in "devel" branch)?

http://perl-formbuilder.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/branches/devel/

If yes, thanks. If no, why?

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

Victor Porton

Sep 3, 2011, 5:16:02 PM9/3/11
to perl-formbuilder
[I write this again with Google Groups because it does not send from
my email account.]

Take note also with this my patch in "devel" branch.
http://code.google.com/p/perl-formbuilder/source/detail?r=32

It is a bug fix unlike most of the other my patches which are new
features.

Victor Porton

Sep 3, 2011, 5:28:43 PM9/3/11
to perl-formbuilder
Oops, I worked with SVN: http://code.google.com/p/perl-formbuilder/

Now I noticed you work with GitHub.

Are we finally moved to GitHub? Will SVN be used anymore? Should I re-
create my "devel" branch there?

See my commits at:
http://code.google.com/p/perl-formbuilder/source/list

David Romero

Sep 3, 2011, 7:29:09 PM9/3/11
to perl-for...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nate,

I have sent a patch to solve the chrome js issue, I hope you may add it to the new release,

Also I you add a way to change the "Other" label for the "Other" option on radio fields would be great.

Thanks

David Romero

Nate Wiger

Sep 3, 2011, 9:14:44 PM9/3/11
to perl-formbuilder
Victor-

Thanks for your continued contributions - they are appreciated.

I did integrate your bugfix for the radio javascript.

I have not reviewed the other changes, as the repo moved to github
last year (I emailed the google group). The best way to make
improvements to FormBuilder now is:

1. Create a github.com account
2. Fork the main formbuilder repository (eg, so you have vporton/
formbuilder)
3. Commit your changes to vporton/formbuilder, and then send a "Pull
Request" on a PER-FEATURE basis so the changes can be reviewed)

I anticipate 3.06 being mainly a critical bugfix/refresh release, but
we should target new features for a 3.07 release.

Thanks,
Nate

Wolfgang Radke

Sep 4, 2011, 2:01:55 AM9/4/11
to perl-formbuilder, Nate Wiger
Hi Nate,

I'm not familiar with Git yet, so I use this way

------Field.pm:------

Line 412 addeded: $pkg =~ s/\-/_/; # Special to allow 'datetime-local'

Reason:
If you use HTML5-forms, then there are new types which contain a hypen
('-'), which is not allowed in filenames and causes a crash
(I will supply the new types for 3.0.7)

----------Source/File.pm------------
Line 134 modified to:

if ($term =~ /^js/ || $term =~ /^on[a-z]/ || $term eq 'messages' || $term
eq 'comment' )

Reason: Comments should not be split on ','

--------------------------------
That's all (considering fixes)

Oh, and thanks for updating Formbuilder

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Radke

Sep 4, 2011, 2:28:00 AM9/4/11
to perl-for...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm using Source/File for all my forms.
All my forms use utf-8, but somehow this is not recognized.
Since I use german Umlauts that is a problem (perl 5.10.x.)

My solution was to add a line into Source::File to interprete all data as
utf-8 (see below).
But there should be a neater way to do this (or should I say 'a Nater way
to do this'?).

Line 74ff
for (@file) {
next if /^\s*$/ || /^\s*#/; # blanks and comments
next if /^\s*\[\%\s*\#|^\s*-*\%\]/; # TT comments too
chomp;
$_ = Encode::decode('utf-8',$_);
my($term, $line) = split /\s*:\s*/, $_, 2;

-----------
What did not work so far:
- Relying on BOM (I'm working on Unix AND windows and different editors do
not support BOM)

Any ideas?
Or is there an option to tell Source::File that everything is utf-8 and I
did not find it?

Wolfgang

Nate Wiger

Sep 6, 2011, 1:30:16 PM9/6/11
to Wolfgang Radke, perl-formbuilder
Thanks Wolfgang - I have integrated these fixes into the main FormBuilder repo for 3.06.

-Nate

Nate Wiger

Sep 6, 2011, 2:57:00 PM9/6/11
to perl-for...@googlegroups.com
It would be fairly easy to add support for a special Source::File config value:

    encoding: utf8

Then, slightly modify your code:

    $_ = Encode::decode('utf-8',$_) if $utf8;

Would this work?

-Nate

Nate Wiger

Sep 6, 2011, 8:28:29 PM9/6/11
to perl-for...@googlegroups.com
Victor-

I just went and reviewed these again - thanks.  Here's my thoughts:

1) add_before_option / add_after_option - look fine, thanks

2) CGI_SSI - looks like this was already included in the github merge, but I will double-check

3) _submit that holds value using JavaScript DOM calls.  I'm concerned that this could break behavior.  I'd like to revisit it after we release 3.06.  The last big release was in 2007, and I'd hate to release a version that suddenly breaks people.

Thanks,
Nate

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org