Feature suggestion: Labels inside text fields

Victor Porton

Sep 5, 2012, 11:33:21 AM9/5/12
to perl-for...@googlegroups.com
We should implement this feature for text and textarea fields:

There can be a text inside a text field, when the field is clicked by the mouse (or otherwise selected) the text should disappear. When the focus goes outside the field, the text should be restored if and only if the user haven't edited it at all OR deleted all text which was previously there.

When the form is submitted, the not-edited fields should be submitted like if they would be with empty text (or maybe better as non-existing (undef) fields).

This can be implemented with JavaScript. For every field we may create a specific variable (or maybe better an element of an associative array) which holds whether the field was edited. I recommend to submit the form with XMLHttpRequest in order to have no necessity to clean text in the fields which were not modified by the user.

Note that I have other deals and probably will not invest my time to implement this feature in FormBuilder.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org