Writing multi-form (as opposed to multi-page) applications with formbuilder.

Harry Jamieson

Nov 2, 2012, 12:54:59 PM11/2/12
to perl-for...@googlegroups.com
I've been a programmer for a long time, but this is my first attempt at writing a web-based application and I'm finding myself to be a stranger in a strange land.  I want to use FormBuilder (if possible) and I've gotten a single screen script to work which reads in a row from a MySQL database and accepts changes to the row's data.  What I would like to do, in a single script, is to write something that will come up with a start-up screen that contains buttons which take me to different screens for different tables in the database.  In short, a web-based database maintenance program.

My main problem is in understanding how to navigate between the screens. I already have getting a screen up and functioning and handling the database stuff nailed.  I'm not asking anyone to write anything for me, but I've been researching this for weeks and am lost in a tangle of Catalyst, CGI::Application, and CGI::Session and finding lots and lots of terse explanations and sparse (and broken) examples.  I've read all of the CPAN stuff and several posts from people like me, including this one....

Are there any GOOD working examples of how to properly navigate between forms out there?

Standing on the stern playing "Nearer my God to thee"......

Harry

Harry Jamieson

Nov 7, 2012, 12:16:26 PM11/7/12
to perl-for...@googlegroups.com
This post is now irrelevant, as I have figured this out on my own.  Thanks anyway.

HJ