B-C-1.43 released

Reini Urban

Jan 15, 2014, 5:24:50 PM1/15/14
to perl-c...@googlegroups.com
See STATUS, Changes and
https://github.com/rurban/perl-compiler/commit/ee7b67058f47d4d35ffb587977869c0d25a53a83
for a short overview.

This is the first release which added support for 5.16, and partially
for 5.18, 5.20 and windows.
But 5.14.4 non-threaded is still the recommended "golden" version for
production.
There might still arise some tiny problems, but all problem should be easy
to workaround by tuning perlcc switches.

This release needed two years work, because I got stuck in the master
branch (now oldmaster) with some unrealistic features and walker
changes.
I decided to bail out in fall 2013, and will revisit it later.

I'm now two weeks on holidays.
Yes, 5.18 and 5.20 (i.e. 5.19.8) do not pass all tests. Check by
yourself if it's enough for you. The Bytecode walker is broken, and I
assume it's an upstream problem.

--
Reini Urban
http://cpanel.net/ http://www.perl-compiler.org/