Archaeology Challenge

Le Fl

Nov 25, 2020, 5:39:13 PM11/25/20
to Perkeep
Hi everyone,

Compared to the members on this mailing list I am a an absolute noob.
First of all I want to thank everyone for realising this project!
For years I had similar ideas/concepts/demands in my mind.

After digging trough the doc and website, watching almost 3 hours of talks I really want to start exploring perkeep.

But I actually want to understand it from the lowest level up. I want take the archaeology approach and reverse engineer some blob data. I am curious how quickly I can create a working index, get the most recent version of a mutation history or display files which are chopped into multiple blobs. With the sever tool it seems to be very trivial and maybe in my head it is more complicated, than it actually is.

Anyhow, I wanted to ask if somebody would like to send me some raw blobs of perkeep data? I could create it myself, but then I would know the content and the challenge would be less fun.
Maybe you could send some blobs which are simpler, some which contain chopped up data or altered data. And maybe some which are encrypted (inc. key).

If I could restore the original files, and display the data I would get a lot of trust into perkeep's concept (and myself :-D)

Even without using the software I already want to contribute and hope that with my basic JS & Go knowledge I will be able to contribute at least on the easier parts like the UI or importers.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Greetings from Germany!

d3rl3