New user - better to use 0.11 or build from source?

Abraham Palmer

Aug 24, 2021, 4:16:35 PM8/24/21
to Perkeep
So far I've just been playing with the binary from 0.11. I like the concept and the implementation seems solid and I would like to start actively using it (with all the beta software caveats understood). I'm not a Go developer (currently), but is it better to just compile and run from Master to get the latest bug fixes and run that for my actual data or do people use Master just for active development and testing?

--Abraham

nikla...@linux.com

Aug 25, 2021, 2:43:15 AM8/25/21
to Perkeep
I have been using a build from master for years now with now issues at all. Releases dont come that often and I needed New fixer and updates in the past. But I dont update my servers very often though.

Abraham Palmer

Aug 30, 2021, 6:49:50 PM8/30/21
to Perkeep
Thanks, yes it was super easy to install go and the compile completed without a hitch and so fast I couldn't believe it was done already downloading and compiling. (I've been compiling some Rust-based Holochain stuff where a fresh full build can take 1 hour).