New Perian Development

Al Varnell

Feb 22, 2014, 8:29:17 PM2/22/14
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
It would appear that none of you are aware of MadTheSane's development efforts here.

Chris Forsythe

Mar 4, 2014, 4:23:56 PM3/4/14
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
So he tried updating ffmpeg and then reverted it and that's the extent or am I missing something?

--
Chris Forsythe

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 7:29 PM, Al Varnell wrote:

It would appear that none of you are aware of MadTheSane's development efforts here.

C.W. Betts

Mar 10, 2014, 5:55:23 PM3/10/14
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
That’s about right.

The main reason for this is because of a data type that became private in more recent versions.

tiny...@gmail.com

May 5, 2014, 7:03:13 PM5/5/14

One major difference for me: installing the last official 1.2.3 from http://www.perian.org/ did not enable the viewing of some old AVI files from within iPhoto under Mavericks, while Madd the Sane's version 1.3.2 from https://github.com/MaddTheSane/perian did.