Any players that can show frames other than QT7? OSX 10.10.2 seems to have killed audio in QT7 + Perian MKV playback

Peter Deslandes

Feb 1, 2015, 6:33:48 PM2/1/15
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
Yosemite update 10.10.2 seems to have just killed the audio in QT7 + Perian MKV playback.

I sometimes do minor cuts when encoding, using QT's ability to identify the frame rather than just the time, so this is annoying to say the least.

Does anyone know of any other free player that shows frames and works with Perian to play back MKV files?

Much appreciated
Peter

Rick Prescott

Feb 2, 2015, 5:12:45 PM2/2/15
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
While I am no expert, nor am I part of the Perian crew, I do know that since Apple released 10.7 or maybe it was 10.8 QT was altered.

I have followed this thread for a while. So I have seen all the responses.

Have you tried using Garage Band or iMovie. You can drop various formats into them.

Also, there are some 3rd party ones that are used, like Flip4Mac and various MP3, MKV and other programs.

While they are maybe not quite as convenient as QT with the Perian plug in, they do work.

Rick

Christopher Forsythe

Feb 2, 2015, 6:07:05 PM2/2/15
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
That's not really what he asked for, but thanks for trying Rick.

Peter try Niceplayer.
--
Chris Forsythe

Peter Deslandes

Feb 5, 2015, 4:57:27 AM2/5/15
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks both! I'll try Nice Player this weekend.
With much appreciation
Peter

Chris Forsythe

Feb 5, 2015, 2:34:56 PM2/5/15
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I was on my phone when I sent that.

Essentially I think you're using newer quicktime, and Graham is correct that in order for the application you're using to make use of Perian after installation, you first need to restart it. The easiest way to make sure that the media is even playable though is via a player, and I'm guessing you didn't have it running at the time of the installation of Perian. Which is why I suggested it.

It won't help with the adobe product, but it'll confirm that things are working otherwise. Which could be useful information.

--
Chris Forsythe