Any possibilities for play the codecs with Mavericks

Maxim Rixhon

Oct 27, 2013, 11:19:27 AM10/27/13
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I'm writing you because this is impossible to use the codecs of Perian in Mavericks.
The problem is bigger because all the person who installed the OS cannot be watch any video.
But can we have a new version who work in Mavericks please.
Thank you.

Augie Fackler

Oct 27, 2013, 12:20:08 PM10/27/13
to perian-...@googlegroups.com

Probably not, although I haven't installed 10.9 yet. The direction the media frameworks has been going makes it next to impossible for us to do anything, and it feels like a very poor use of our volunteer programming time.

Graham Booker

Zu

Nov 3, 2013, 11:13:55 AM11/3/13
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
Graham, do you know how I can tell Quicklook in OSX 10.9 to use Quicktime 7 (with the Perian plugin) rather than Quicktime 10 when previewing files so I can use the spacebar to preview all media types again? I've been trying to change file association types and uninstalling quicktime 10 (which OSX won't let me do). I can't figure out a solution other than trying to go back to OSX 10.6 but that seems extreme.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Graham Booker

Nov 3, 2013, 11:25:55 AM11/3/13
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
Short of making Apple change it, I don't know of any way.  Maybe if Apple made the new framework public to third parties and it was more capable than the old QT one, Perian would have a reason to go on, but until then, there's likely nothing that can be done.

BTW, QuickLook seemed to work fine in 10.8 so you wouldn't have to go all the way to 10.6, but that's beside the point.

- Graham