The Window Project 1, 2022 Homeless

SU-EN Butoh Company

Feb 3, 2022, 8:52:43 AM2/3/22
to in...@suenbutohcompany.net
The Window Project
SU-EN Butoh Company Newsletter 25 January, 2022

This gallery platform SU-EN Butoh Company started up in 2020 to share our creative vision when live performances could not happen. It can be art videos, documented projects or experiments as well as guest artists work.

To look outside. Watching the world through a window. To look inside, into the house, into the body. Through the window. To look into another person. Through their eyes - like windows.
Movement never stops. Life never ends. Dirt shines. Space cracks. Time laughs.

(A selection of SU-EN Butoh Company performances through stills and video is always available at suenbutohcompany.net/past-projects)

SU-EN Butoh Company proudly presents
A homeless BODY

A visual, choreographic and human project.
Spring and summer 2021
Public event August 21

For you who could not attend this event we present the documentation. Please enjoy!

Photo Peter Rosvik

Welcome to Mikaelsparken in Uppsala, Sweden!
In the park, Uppsala Stadsmission has a center for homeless, and socially vulnerable people. During spring and summer 2021 SU-EN Butoh Company and friends spent time here, helping with the garden, engaging in conversations, making spontaneous performances and photo shoot.

The conversations and actions with the people of the park led to a public event which lasted for three hours. The idea was to make a ”weave” in which all the people could have a place. The physical reality of being homeless was interwoven with the physical reality in the park as well as into the choreography itself. Through this weave we aimed to see if we could create a paradise on earth, a place in which we all are welcome!

To be homeless, to move, to change. What does it mean to be a human?
Can contemporary art give any inspiration to the people of the park? Can we ”help” each other?

10 min video edit (English text): https://vimeo.com/658888160
36 min video edit (Swedish text): https://vimeo.com/661723946

Participants
SU-EN Butoh Company, butoh and actions
Peppe Rosvik, art performance
Räserbyrån, dance
Amit Sen, cello and conversations
Eva Björkman, art performance
Stina Ehn/Molly Engblom, dance
Johannes Bergmark, musical saw and organ
Choir Munviga conducted by Gina van Dam, voice and actions
Stage art group: Miguel, Mehdi and Meme
And spontaneous actions by new friends that we know from the park…

Artistic direction
SU-EN

Project leader
Peter Rosvik

Staff
Azda Reinhammar, Robert Berglund, Hans Wärnsberg, Björn Fredlund, Stina Karltun, Jeanette Nordberg, Benjamin Åkerlund

Security guards from Safetly

Photo and video documentation
Gabriel Gumucio, Thomas Chauvin, Peter Rosvik, Benjamin Åkerlund and others

Video and sound editing
Peter Rosvik

Additional music segments in video, courtesy of
Lise-Lotte Norelius
SU-EN

Supported by City of Uppsala, Cultural Affairs Board, Culture and Eduction, Region Uppsala and The Swedish Artists Grants Committee.

Thanks to Uppsala Stadsmission/Mikaelsgården, Joy´s, Center Stage, Dreamcenter

If you do not wish to get SU-EN Butoh Company Newsletter send a returning mail with subject Unsubscribe
SU-EN Butoh Company Production office
Haglund Skola, 4
SE - 740 10 Almunge, Sweden
Tel +46 (0) 174  - 242 02