CALL FOR PROPOSALS: RAPID PULSE

1 view

Joseph Ravens

Dec 7, 2012, 5:10:23 AM12/7/12
to perform...@googlegroups.com

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

DEFIBRILLATOR Performance Art Gallery is now accepting proposals for the second annual RAPID PULSE INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE ART FESTIVAL to be held JUNE 01 through 10, 2013. RAPID PULSE aims to represent a vast range of styles and forms of ephemeral expression. We are seeking proposals for performance art or any other time-based work that does not sit comfortably within pre-established genres or disciplines.

Contextualizing performance within visual art, we embrace those who look to the body, objects, space, and time for inspiration, research, and practice. We are committed to invigorating CHICAGO by bringing to the city artists of exceptional calibre from around the world. Dynamic programming, decidedly fearless and unique, aims to provoke thought and stimulate discourse surrounding performance art.

We regret that we are not able to pay for travel expenses. However, six days of accommodation and one daily meal will be provided. Accepted artists will receive a printed catalog and copies of their documentation. Formal letters of invitation will be provided so that selected artists may find funding in their home countries.

Apply for RAPID PULSE through the on-line application. DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT JANUARY 5, 2013 (CST central standard time). You can find a link to the application on our website: www.DFBRL8R.org. To learn more about the festival, please visit the RAPID PULSE 2012 website at www.RAPIDPULSE.org. Contact joseph...@rapidpulse.org with questions.