Emergency INDEX: got 2011 performance documentation?

Jennifer Karmin

Jan 3, 2012, 9:38:41 PM1/3/12
to perform...@googlegroups.com

Ugly Duckling Presse would like to introduce you to Emergency INDEX, an annual print publication documenting new performance in the words of its creators. Because performance transcends disciplinary boundaries, INDEX includes performances of every kind, from any genre, made anywhere in the world for any purpose.

Each document printed in INDEX will include a written description focused on the problems driving the work and the tactics used to address them, an image of the performance, and information about its dates, locations, and creators. An index of terms shared by the varied contributors will serve to connect geographically or stylistically far-flung works.

We are currently seeking documentation of performances created in 2011 to be published in the inaugural volume of INDEX in Spring 2012. We especially welcome political, commercial, scientific, therapeutic, or other works not typically documented as performance.

SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JANUARY 10TH AT 5PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.

http://emergencyindex.com/index.html