Debian 7 + MySQL 5.5 to Debian 9/10 + MySQL 8

9 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Marco Shaw

não lida,
25 de jul. de 2019, 11:02:1025/07/2019
para percona-d...@googlegroups.com
(I forgot about this mailing list.)

Just looking for high-level feedback to make sure I'm starting in the right direction. We currently have a multi-site cluster running Deb 7 with Percona 5.5. Our plan is to upgrade to Deb 9 (possibly 10) and it would seem to make the most sense to go to Percona 8

In my mind, my simple solution is to simply build new Deb 9 + Percona 8 nodes and join them to the cluster. Let SST do it's magic and then remove the old nodes from the cluster. Old DB nodes: "server1", "server2", "server3" and new DB nodes: "server4", "server5", "server6".

Sounds easy... Might it actually work?

I'd probably want to rename the Deb 9 + Percona 8 servers to "server1", "server2", "server3".

If anyone has some additional insight/suggestions, please share.

Marco

Lorraine P

não lida,
26 de jul. de 2019, 04:46:2026/07/2019
para Percona Discussion
Hi there,
I sent you a couple of links on the Forum, see how you get on with those and then come back with follow up questions if needed?
Thanks!
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar