Paranoid xtrabackup feature request

1 view

Baron Schwartz

Nov 8, 2010, 9:28:54 PM11/8/10
to perco...@googlegroups.com
Because there is no such thing as "too paranoid" for a backup tool, I
think that we should add an option to xtrabackup to be used with
--prepare. This option would start InnoDB and do a full scan of every
index in the whole database, checking for corruption. It should be
called --validate or --check-for-corruption or something like that.
Maybe we can just look at the ha_innodb.c code and see what CHECK
TABLES does, and mimic that.

Peter Zaitsev

Nov 8, 2010, 10:07:36 PM11/8/10
to perco...@googlegroups.com
Baron,

Good idea. I think this should go to bugs database and moved to BluePrint from it

Peter Zaitsev, CEO, Percona Inc.
Tel: +1 888 401 3401 ext 501   Skype:  peter_zaitsev
24/7 Emergency Line +1 888 401 3401 ext 911

Percona Training Workshops
http://www.percona.com/training/

Baron Schwartz

Nov 9, 2010, 10:53:30 AM11/9/10