Replacement of Embedded InnoDB

Sébastien

Nov 10, 2010, 7:55:32 AM11/10/10
to Percona Dev
Hi,

I'm actually using embedded InnoDB, an I just saw that Oracle has
totally changed the distribution of InnoDB : no more Hot Backup on its
own and for my concern no more Embedded Innodb.
I know that XtraDB is the new real GNU version of InnoDB but there is
no Embedded XtraDB for the moment.
What is the plan to replace this package that just disappeared from
the web thanks to Oracle ?

Cordially,

SK

MARK CALLAGHAN

Nov 10, 2010, 12:10:39 PM11/10/10
to perco...@googlegroups.com, Stewart Smith
There is an open embedded InnoDB project -- http://www.haildb.com/

> --

Mark Callaghan
mdca...@gmail.com

Stewart Smith

Nov 11, 2010, 2:16:37 AM11/11/10
to Sébastien, Percona Dev

Hi!

As Mark mentioned, HailDB continues where Embedded InnoDB left off. If
you've been using Embedded InnoDB, switching to HailDB is incredibly
simple (probably easier considering we're getting packages in the
distributions).

One thing we haven't addressed at all is Windows support, is this
something you care about at all?

Would love to help you get over to HailDB too.

--
Stewart Smith