Incompatibility Japanese - Chinese with Firefox 4

1 view

GiLL

May 14, 2011, 11:38:56 AM5/14/11
to peraperakun
Hi,

Perapera-kun is an excellent program, thanks a lot for the nice work.

Today I have just upgraded my Firefox version from Firefox 3.x to
4.0.1. It took me some time to figure out from the Forum pages and so
on how to make Perapera-kun work again, but now it is working.

Just I noticed a problem and I believe it's a bug. Even though this
was working fine with Firefox 3.x, now with Firefox 4.0.1 I am not
able to switch anymore between Japanese and Chinese modes (I am using
Japanese on a daily basis and additionally I am learning Chinese, so I
need both). If I enable both Japanese and Chinese under Perapera-kun
Preferences none of them will work i.e. when I click on the star icon
nothing happens.

As a work-around I am enabling either Japanese or Chinese under the
Preferences, and in this case it works i.e. when I click on the star
icon either Japanese or Chinese mode will kick in depending on which
one is currently enabled under the Preferences. But this is not
convenient as you need to reboot Firefox each time you change the
settings under Perapera-kun Preferences.

I hope you can take a look at this problem which is apparently
specific to Firefox 4.
Thanks!

Sylvestre