Chinese Dictionary

1 view

Hsien

May 18, 2010, 5:12:58 PM5/18/10
to peraperakun
I downloaded the Perapera-kun translator 2.1 fine, but the dictionary
does not seem to work, that is there is not a pop-up when I rollover
chinese words.

I'm on a Mac OS 10.58, using Firefox. Any ideas?

Thanks

Justin K

May 20, 2010, 7:49:53 PM5/20/10
to perap...@googlegroups.com
Hello, please visit perapera.wordpress.com for instructions on how to
get you started. I think maybe you don't have a dictionary installed
or don't have it enabled. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

dtw

Jun 28, 2010, 1:36:45 PM6/28/10
to peraperakun
I'm also having problems. I followed the instructions on
perapera.wordpress.com to install translator 2.1 and Chinese (as well
as Japanese) dictionary in Firefox 3.0 on Windows XP then loaded the
following two pages to test the translator:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/zhongwen/simp/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/zhongwen/trad/?c

For the first site, which is in simplified Chinese, only about half
the characters would show a popup. For the second site, which is in
traditional Chinese, no popup showed for any character.

I've repeated the test in Firefox 3.0 on Linux, and the result was
strange at first: popups were interpreting words on the first site as
Japanese Kanji even though I enabled the Chinese flag. However, after
I disabled the Japanese dictionary, I reproduced the results reported
above.

By the way, the Japanese translator works perfectly on both Windows XP
and Linux, showing popups on every kana/kanji.

Many thanks.